Everyone is gearing up for the holidays, and this means two things: people are talking about the best books from 2009 (gift ideas!), and people are talking about the most anticipated books form 2010.
We start off with a healthy assortment of reviews, get into a pair of fantastic interviews (check out Rothfuss & Abercrombie – they’re downright hilarious), and top it off with some industry news, recaps of 2009 and outlooks for 2010. I should note that Pat over at Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist seems to be doing everything right this holiday season, hence the need to link to him four times. Great stuff.
- Review: The Infernal City by Greg Keyes @ Graeme’s Fantasy Book Review
- Review: Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie @ Adventures in Reading
- Review: Alcatraz Versus the Knights of Crystallia by Brandon Sanderson @ Fyrefly’s Book Blog
- Review: The Magicians by Lev Grossman @ Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Interview: Robin Hobb @ Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Interview: Patrick Rothfuss interviews Joe Abercrombie @ Patrick Rothfuss’ personal blog
- Industry: E-book controversy @ Fantasy Book News & Reviews
- Ratings: Best Fantasy Books Ever, a list by Lev Grossman @ The Week
- Outlook: Most anticipated fantasy books of 2010 @ Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Top 10: Speculative fiction books of 2009 @ Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Top 10: Anticipated fantasy novels of 2010 @ Fantasy Book Critic