Winter is almost here. George R.R. Martin announced that he’s 1,261 pages into A Dance with Dragons, supporting my prediction the novel would be released in 2010, and in general giving me a good feeling all over. Jim Cameron plans to release an Avatar prequel novel in 2010, which he has not begun writing yet. Ambitious, but what do you expect from one of the most ambitious filmmakers in history. Perhaps the the interview of the decade, with R.A. Salvatore interviewing Margaret Weis on her new novel with Tracy Hickman and writing in a world based on role-playing games in general. We cap this week where I turn back my clock an hour here in Brazil by turning back the clock and remembering countless hours spent with the red box, the first in the old Dungeons & Dragons boxed set.
- News: George R.R. Martin 1,261 pages into A Dance with Dragons @ The Guardian
- News: James Cameron to write Avatar novel @ The Celebrity Cafe
- Review: Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie @ A Dribble of Ink
- Review: The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks @ A Fantasy Reader
- Interview: R.A. Salvatore interviews Margaret Weis @ Tor/Forge’s Blog
- Interview: Terry Pratchett @ The Sunday Morning Herald
- Reminisce: Dungeons & Dragons @ Suvudu