Reviews take a back seat this week as we mark the passing of a legend. Legendary fantasy and comic book artist Frank Frazetta has died at age 82, and the world has lost one of its most famed fantasy artists in one single moment. Below you’ll find the obituary from Boston.com, along with a few galleries of some of Frank’s art, which I’ve enjoyed over the years. He’s the only artist for which I’ve ever downloaded fantasy art and used it as my desktop background image. He’ll truly be missed.
On a lighter note, Jones soda has created a variety of D&D Spellcasting sodas, which I strongly advise you check out. Also, Under Heaven by Guy Gavriel Kay is getting some good press this week, and Joe Abercrombie has some surprising news regarding the launch date of his forthcoming The Heroes. Giddy up.
- Obituary: Legendary artist Frank Frazetta dies @ Boston.com
- Art: Frazetta history and fantasy gallery @ The American Art Archives
- Art: Frazetta comic gallery @ The American Art Archives
- Review: The Adventures of the Princess and Mr. Whiffle by Pat Rothfuss @ Fantasy Book Review
- Review: Storm Front by Jim Butcher @ Steve’s Fantasy Book Reviews
- Press: Under Heaven’s print run increases more than 35% @ Fantasy Book Review
- Press: The Heroes by Joe Abercrombie release moved forward @ Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Interview: Guy Gavriel Kay talks about Under Heaven @ The Big Idea
- Interview: Charlaine Harris is interviewed @ The Dragon Page
- Television: the Save The Legend of the Seeker campaign gains momentum @ Fantasy Book Review
- Food: Jones D&D Spellcasting Soda @ MyJones.com