Looks like a few people got Kindles for Christmas. With e-book sales skyrocketing from $62 million in 2008 to $863 million in 2010, its no surprise. While people purchased hardcovers prior to Christmas to give as gifts, Kindle Fire sales will likely push hardcovers out of the top five for a while. Also notable that smaller, bite-size books are rising in popularity along with e-books. A Modern Witch, below, is available for $1.99 for the Kindle. Its going to be a wild ride in 2012.
- 11/22/63: A Novel (Kindle) by Stephen King
- A Modern Witch (Kindle) by Debora Geary
- A Game of Thrones (Kindle) by George R.R. Martin
- A Dance with Dragons (Kindle) by George R.R. Martin
- A Clash of Kings (Kindle) by George R.R. Martin
eBooks are definitely making it a different world! I’ve loved books all my life, but I can’t believe how fast I came to prefer my Nook. Or how successful some self-published authors are becoming.