George R.R. Martin and Patrick Rothfuss books are selling like hotcakes. Together they make up 9 of the top 20 Amazon books this week, between hardcover, Kindle editions, and audio books. A Game of Thrones moves into first in the top 5 this week, with Rothfuss capturing two slots with the Kindle editions of the first and second books in The Kingkiller Chronicles.
Posts Tagged With: Patrick Rothfuss
Reviews of The Wise Man’s Fear, The Crippled God, Death Mask and more. Interviews with Guy Gavriel Kay and Terry Brooks, and a barrage of new Game of Thrones HBO series videos, this time each featuring an individual family. I for one am a little disappointed the House Stark video is set to “private” on YouTube.
- Review: The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss @ B&N
- Review: The Crippled God by Steven Erikson @ Seattle PI
- Review: Death Mask by Jim Butcher @ Geeks of Doom
- Review: Among Thieves by Douglas Hulik @ Fantasy & Sci-Fi Lovin’ News & Reviews
- Review: The Ale Boy’s Feast by Jeffrey Overstreet @ Grasping for the Wind
- Interview: Guy Gavriel Kay @ Fantasy Faction
- Interview: Terry Brooks @ Tor
- Release: New fantasy from L.E. Modesitt, Jr. @ Mania.com
- Release: Second RuneScape book to be released this month @ Massively
- Event: Brandon Sanderson & Ellen Kushner appeared at the Harvard book store @ Harvard.com
- TV: Game of Thrones HBO series writers interviewed @ Hero Complex
HBO Game of Thrones Baratheon Trailer
HBO Game of Thrones Targaryen Trailer
HBO Game of Thrones Lannister Trailer
After appearing in the top 5 in hardcover format, then dropping off for a week, The Wise Man’s Fear makes a return in Kindle form. In fact, all 5 books in the top 5 are Kindle format this week. The hardcover version of Pat Rothfuss’ latest is actually down at number 10. Interestingly, the Kindle version of A Game of Thrones lands in third place, while George R.R. Martin’s latest is actually down in 14th place in the bestseller list. Both Rothfuss and J.R. Rain have two books in the top 5 this week.
A Dance with Dragons and The Wise Man’s Fear both drop off the top five, with the Kindle versions of the first books in the respective series making appearances. Looks like everyone is playing catch-up. J.R. Rain owns 40% of the top 5 this week, with Charlaine Harris’ latest rounding out the top 5.
A Dance with Dragons gets a release date, and The Wise Man’s Fear gets released. I’m not sure what more I could ask for. Well, how about a review of The Wise Man’s Fear, 3 interviews with Patrick Rothfuss, Rothfuss reading from The Wise Man’s Fear, and the first full-length trailer for the Game of Thrones HBO series. Rockin’.
- Review: The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss @ Grasping for the Wind
- Review: The Imager’s Challenge by L.E. Modesitt, Jr. @ Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Review: The Alchemist by Paolo Bacigalupi @ Grasping for the Wind
- Interview: Patrick Rothfuss @ Crossed Genres
- Interview: Patrick Rothfuss @ Omnivoracious
- Interview: Patrick Rothfuss @ Book Banter
- Interview: Daniel Abraham @ A Dribble of Ink
- Interview: Daniel Abraham @ Suvudu
- Interview: Scott Lynch @ Orion Publishing Group
- Book News: A Dance With Dragons release date announced @ Fantasy Book News
- Book News: The Wise Man’s Fear released @ Best Fantasy Books
- Author news: Rothfuss adapting to success with release of The Wise Man’s Fear @ Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Author news: Guy Gavriel Kay to speak at Literary Tastes Breakfast @ RUSABlog
- Movies: The Hobbit movies may have different names @ Guardian.co.uk
- Funny: More people in the world speak Elvish than Irish @ Independent.ie
First Full-Length Game of Thrones Trailer
Patrick Rothfuss reads from The Wise Man’s Fear
The week that George R.R. Martin’s publisher announces a release date for A Dance with Dragons, it premiers in first place. With the release of A Wise Man’s Fear, sales of Rothfuss’ The Name of the Wind have rocketed the first novel in the series back into the top 3, in Kindle form. Overall a rare fantastic week for epic fantasy.
A fairly calm week in the fantasy blogosphere, but anticipation for the Game of Thrones HBO series continues to ramp up as we get closer to the premier in April. This week, HBO released the longest video yet containing clips from the series, overlayed with some of the ‘artisans’ videos they’ve released, and tied together with commentary by the man himself.
- Review: Shadowheart by James Barclay @ Bella Online
- Review: The Once and Future King by T.H. White @ BuffaloNews.com
- Review: The Queen’s Command by Michael A. Stackpole @ SF Signal
- Review: The Desert of Souls by Howard Andrew Jones @ Grasping for the Wind
- Interview: Patrick Rothfuss @ Crossed Genres
- Interview: Brent Weeks with Peter Orullian @ TOR
- TV: Top fantasy book series not named Game of Thrones that deserve a tv series @ …ology.
Game of Thrones HBO Series Compilation Video
Pale Demon debuts in first place, with The Wise Man’s Fear by Pat Rothfuss moving up a notch this week.
The Wise Man’s Fear makes its first appearance in Amazon’s top 5 fantasy bestseller list this week, feeling a bit lonely as the only epic fantasy to make the cut this week.
This week kicks off with the first review I’ve seen yet of the unreleased The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss, and follows it up with reviews of two other kings in the genre, namely Neil Gaiman and Brandon Sanderson. Peter S. Beagle celebrates 40 years of The Last Unicorn, we get more than the usual dose of fantasy comic reviews, and even a fantasy magazine review to boot. Its all capped with Sean Bean talking about what its like to portray Eddard Stark in the Game of Thrones HBO series, a new Game of Thrones trailer, and a new Game of Thrones video on the battle tactics used in the series. Sweet.
- Review: The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss @ Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
- Review: Stardust by Neil Gaiman @ Seattle PI
- Review: Alcatraz Versus the Knights of Crystallia by Brandon Sanderson @ Great Books I Liked
- Review: Never Knew Another by J.M. McDermott @ Fantasy Book Critic
- Review: The Buntline Special by Mike Resnik @ SFSignal
- Interview: Peter S. Beagle discusses The Last Unicorn @ CBR
- TV: Sean Bean talks about playing Eddard Stark @ MTV
- Comic: D&D #1 @ Playback
- Comic: Orc Stain #1 @ CBR
- Magazine: Kobold Quarterly @ Suvudu
- Author Blogs: Scott Westerfield on Why Monkeys are Better than Robots @ Borders
- Author Blogs: Gail Z. Martin on My Name is Asher Lev @ Suvudu
- News: Most Anticipated books of 2011 @ Fantasy & SciFi Lovin’ News & Reviews